Don’t get me wrong. I don’t regret those late nights I was working on my Ichigo costume. Cosplay is all about having fun. In cosplay, you reinvent yourself and choose your story (Cosplay Outfits). You could be Shrek’s Lord Farquaad or Gandalf of the Lord of the ring. If you’re just starting up, here are a few things I wish I knew two years earlier. They are in no particular order.
1. Keep an eye on what’s trending. If you want to stand out from the crowd, don’t dress as Khal Drogo of Game Of Thrones. You’ll be surprised how many people had the same idea.
2. You don’t need to have a handsewn costume to participate in a cosplay event. You can rent a costume from a store near you or even buy them online. However, making your own costume is a great learning experience. The satisfaction that comes with it is worth more than the many hours you’ll spend watching tutorials and those you’ll spend practicing improving your sewing.
3. It doesn’t have to be a comic character. Even though cosplay is largely based on comic characters, you can be any character that you want. Whether it’s your favorite sci-fi character or anime hero.
4. A blend of style and comfort. At times, the convention maybe a walking distance from the hotel you’re staying. Choose something that you’ll be comfortable in. Go for fabrics that are light and comfortable. Remember it’s all about you having fun.
5. Instead of working on one large costume – focus on breaking it down to parts. This will not only come handy when you’re making the costume, you’ll thank yourself when you putting on the costume. Also, smaler parts are easier to work with compated to the whole thing. Pro tip: Don’t forget to add pockets for your phone.
This is by no means an elaborative list. You’ll need to experiment on various costumes to know what works best for you. Have fun cosplaying, and be prepared for pictures.
Article Source: https://www.auscosplay.com/